• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Illustrated Cards

8 posts in this topic

Ryan, do the cards need to be "torn" apart, as opposed to cut? I noticed that the perforation has some pulling along the edges on both examples. Also, if one does cut it, and no perforation shows, will the cards still be graded?

• Administrator

Here is the information and explanation I received:

SI for Kids cards, along with all perforated cards, must be removed by hand. They cannot be cut out in any fashion. If a perforated card is missing its perforated edge, we will kick it for trimming. We take into consideration that perforated edges are going to be more rough than usual, and we take that into consideration when grading. 

On 4/26/2022 at 6:32 AM, CGCRyan said:

Here is the information and explanation I received:

SI for Kids cards, along with all perforated cards, must be removed by hand. They cannot be cut out in any fashion. If a perforated card is missing its perforated edge, we will kick it for trimming. We take into consideration that perforated edges are going to be more rough than usual, and we take that into consideration when grading. 

The Tony Hawk looks like it was cut, and not torn... just saying.