• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing plates
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, jwhauser said:

I think printing plates look awesome with the black flip.  The Neil Smith is mine.  GBR!

great question I just picked up a Miguel Cabrera rookie printing plate my first printing plate like wow this thing is an actual metal plate ha wasnt sure if I could submit it, like corners and edges so sharp they'll cut ya literally! looking foward to subbing it with the black its gonna look awesome, Ill post it on here when i get it back 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:13 PM, micky 8 said:

great question I just picked up a Miguel Cabrera rookie printing plate my first printing plate like wow this thing is an actual metal plate ha wasnt sure if I could submit it, like corners and edges so sharp they'll cut ya literally! looking foward to subbing it with the black its gonna look awesome, Ill post it on here when i get it back 

I don't believe Topps had printing plate inserts in 2000 Topps Traded, so I'm not sure of what plate you mean.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:29 AM, northkorea said:

I don't believe Topps had printing plate inserts in 2000 Topps Traded, so I'm not sure of what plate you mean.

Its a 2003 Toppstotal printing plate, His 2000 toppstraded is his rookie but his 2003 topps flagship they still call his rookie and the toppstotal, its a generalization technically Miggy was signed in 99 by the marlins reguardless im happy with the printing plate and gonna sub it 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:23 PM, micky 8 said:

Its a 2003 Toppstotal printing plate, His 2000 toppstraded is his rookie but his 2003 topps flagship they still call his rookie and the toppstotal, its a generalization technically Miggy was signed in 99 by the marlins reguardless im happy with the printing plate and gonna sub it 

I don't think anyone counts the '03 as a rookie, since he had a Bowman standard issue in 2001 and Topps in 2002.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:24 PM, northkorea said:

I don't think anyone counts the '03 as a rookie, since he had a Bowman standard issue in 2001 and Topps in 2002.

type in 2003 Cabrera topps, itll say rookie on every card, I already said it was a generalization but pretty much inaccurate because he was signed in 99, i just wanted to know if csg graded printing plates not another rookie debate that i already agreed with you on but if ya really want to get technical about it he was signed in 99 to miami's farm team but didnt make his debut as a pro until june 2003 and played in the world series that year as a rookie! but even with that said I agree with ya i see the toppstraded as his true rookie and just wanted to know about printing plates

On 5/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, micky 8 said:

type in 2003 Cabrera topps, itll say rookie on every card, I already said it was a generalization but pretty much inaccurate because he was signed in 99, i just wanted to know if csg graded printing plates not another rookie debate that i already agreed with you on but if ya really want to get technical about it he was signed in 99 to miami's farm team but didnt make his debut as a pro until june 2003 and played in the world series that year as a rookie! but even with that said I agree with ya i see the toppstraded as his true rookie and just wanted to know about printing plates

First off, I couldn't find any 2003 issue of Miguel Cabrera that said Rookie on it. The closest was the 2003 Traded which said "Prospect" on it. Secondly, despite the set consisting of 990 cards, Miguel Cabrera wasn't in the 2003 Topps Total set. Are you sure you don't have a 2004 Topps Total card?

On 5/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, northkorea said:

First off, I couldn't find any 2003 issue of Miguel Cabrera that said Rookie on it. The closest was the 2003 Traded which said "Prospect" on it. Secondly, despite the set consisting of 990 cards, Miguel Cabrera wasn't in the 2003 Topps Total set. Are you sure you don't have a 2004 Topps Total card?

2004 🤦‍♂️ ha D9133EFF-6F9A-4B94-80CB-0D77E7A720EE.thumb.png.4c09842396c156ededec697a4412bc6b.png

On 5/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, micky 8 said:
On 5/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, micky 8 said:

some people call this a rookie card cause on the back its all farm teams until 2003 marlins, These days this card would probably have the RC logo on it going by how they do it now with wander franco is perfect example cause wander played half a season but his rc didnt drop until this year his first full season 

Edited by micky 8

On 5/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, micky 8 said:

The set that the 2003 card came in was called 'Traded and Rookies', and it's true that he didn't make his MLB debut until 2003.

His 2000 Topps and 2000 Topps Chrome are considered his true rookies though. 

His situation is a little odd because it wasn't typical in those days for them to introduce a player into the base sets or even Traded sets until they had already made their MLB debut.  I'm not sure what the reasoning for that was.  It's also not uncommon for people to designate non-true rookies as the sort of agreed upon rookie, so the 2003 still has plenty of value since it's tied to his actual MLB debut.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:58 AM, northkorea said:

Miguel Cabrera's 2000 Topps card said "rookie card" on it.

Ichiro Suzuki's 2001 Topps card said "rookie card" on it.

and Pujols that was a strong rookie class, in Pujols case they came out wit a 2nd rookie doesnt it say late rookie on the card? 

On 5/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, oluckydayo said:

The set that the 2003 card came in was called 'Traded and Rookies', and it's true that he didn't make his MLB debut until 2003.

His 2000 Topps and 2000 Topps Chrome are considered his true rookies though. 

His situation is a little odd because it wasn't typical in those days for them to introduce a player into the base sets or even Traded sets until they had already made their MLB debut.  I'm not sure what the reasoning for that was.  It's also not uncommon for people to designate non-true rookies as the sort of agreed upon rookie, so the 2003 still has plenty of value since it's tied to his actual MLB debut.

thanx appreciate it !probably cause he destroyed the Venzuala league and the minors, def has confusing rookies, Scottie B cards does cool episodes rookie ranking vids on youtube, he goes into detail on every rookie card from worst to best, I reccommend the Bryce Harper vid also confusing number of rookies. I get confused with the toppstraded I didnt know there was a toppstraded chrome, then miggy has a card called royals n rookies from 2000 and strangley has a 2000 Topps traded on card auto dont know how many exist but has to be super rare for that time, 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:01 PM, micky 8 said:

and Pujols that was a strong rookie class, in Pujols case they came out wit a 2nd rookie doesnt it say late rookie on the card? 

Pujols had a weird rookie release.

He was added as a short print to 2001 Series 2 Chrome, but it wasn't even on Chrome stock, it was foil (even though the card said Chrome).   That's the one that says 'Late Addition' on it that you mentioned.

Then, because that was sort of a release, they released the same card in the Topps Traded Chrome that year (without the 'Late' tag).   And the Traded Chrome that year wasn't a full set, it was an SP subset inserted into the paper Traded sets.