• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CSG Error Card Grading

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator

@Fishman25

CSG will grade miscut/misprint error cards by notating the error and then assessing the card as is. When a card is badly miscut, centering is assessed differently than what the actual measurement provides. The notation of miscut will change how our graders assess the centering. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, Fishman25 said:

Does CSG provide error card grading similarly to what is offered for CGC Trading Cards? I have a couple factory miscut cards that match off the print sheet (as pictured) that I'm looking to get slabbed.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Am fairly certain that, unlike coins and TCG print errors, off-center and diamond cut cards are viewed as an extreme negative with respect to sportscards.

Ryan said they would note the flaw and grade accordingly, but that might be viewed the same as an "authentic" level designation by the marketplace.

Did you actually pull those from packs? The fact that the diamond cut is so severe makes me think they didn't pass QC, so might have been pulled from the "trash" at the factory level.