• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectors Asked, CSG Answered: What to Know about the New CSG Label and Grading Scale Updates
1 1

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG®) recently revealed a new label and revised grading scale, and the overall response has been extremely positive. The awesome feedback on social media and the CSG Chat Boards is great to see. The CSG team has also seen your questions related to the new label and grading scale updates.

CLICK HERE to view some frequently asked questions (FAQs) and the answers from the CSG experts.

0404 CSG Social.png

Just wondering what the input delay for opening packages is right now I sent a package that was received last Wednesday. It contains a reholder order and a bulk submission, just wondering how long it will be before the reholder submission gets input and shows on my submissions

On 4/5/2022 at 3:34 AM, jbenn26 said:

Just wondering what the input delay for opening packages is right now I sent a package that was received last Wednesday. It contains a reholder order and a bulk submission, just wondering how long it will be before the reholder submission gets input and shows on my submissions

I would assume it would be whatever the lag on bulk is... so 12 days, give or take?

On 4/5/2022 at 9:36 AM, northkorea said:

I would assume it would be whatever the lag on bulk is... so 12 days, give or take?

Why would it be the same lag on a substantially faster service as it is on bulk?The package contains 2 separate boxes one labelled reholder one labelled bulk with both submission numbers and customer # on the outside of the separate boxes. Each card inside is also labelled with each individual line # as well it should be a relatively easy input.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:01 AM, jbenn26 said:

Why would it be the same lag on a substantially faster service as it is on bulk?The package contains 2 separate boxes one labelled reholder one labelled bulk with both submission numbers and customer # on the outside of the separate boxes. Each card inside is also labelled with each individual line # as well it should be a relatively easy input.

I would, again, assume that packages get opened as they are received. Once opened, they get grouped. Also, there might be a substantial lag on reholder service due to volume.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:01 AM, jbenn26 said:

lmao why are you asking us? You do know we don't work there, right?

Call them yourself or tag Ryan from CSG here in the forums and ask him.

Edited by ne1seenmykeys

So what does that mean for this card. I had a minimum of 60/40 or I couldn’t get an 8. Obviously the rest of it is Gem Mint. So why would it cross over to the new label as just an 8 if all of the centering criteria has been revised?2BB20F54-5F5D-49FD-9734-77290D5F8D63.thumb.jpeg.4ed60dc14885ac2638a32a2dfe9755ab.jpeg

Edited by BSJ3434

On 5/6/2022 at 9:12 PM, BSJ3434 said:

So what does that mean for this card. I had a minimum of 60/40 or I couldn’t get an 8. Obviously the rest of it is Gem Mint. So why would it cross over to the new label as just an 8 if all of the centering criteria has been revised?2BB20F54-5F5D-49FD-9734-77290D5F8D63.thumb.jpeg.4ed60dc14885ac2638a32a2dfe9755ab.jpeg

Can you show the back? Is it worse than 75/25?

On 5/7/2022 at 2:12 AM, BSJ3434 said:

Having the certification number on the front really helps now. 

On 5/24/2022 at 12:55 AM, The_Reverend2831694433746 said:

Having the certification number on the front really helps now. 

Honestly, I liked having the cert # on the back. It would force sellers to show the back of the card. A lot of times, on eBay, sellers will only show the front, but with the cert # on back, the seller would need to show the card back for SNAD protection.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:12 AM, BSJ3434 said:

A quick check on your Griffey using JRuler - The Left border measures 22 pixels and the right border measures 16 pixels which would put L/R Centering at 58/42 (22/38) - so just under 60/40

On 5/7/2022 at 12:12 AM, BSJ3434 said:

So what does that mean for this card. I had a minimum of 60/40 or I couldn’t get an 8. Obviously the rest of it is Gem Mint. So why would it cross over to the new label as just an 8 if all of the centering criteria has been revised?

heh

Edited by UncleTed
deleted