New Scale Impact on Registry
1 1

9 posts in this topic

  • Administrator

Hello, 

The CSG scoring program recognizes the grade listed on the label of your card and in our database.  

All cards previously assigned Gem Mint 9.5 and Pristine 10 will now be Gem Mint 10 if submitted for our ReHolder service. All other cards will retain the previously assigned grades. CSG is offering a discounted ReHolder rate of $5 per card until June 30, 2022. 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, Maribeth said:

Hello, 

The CSG scoring program recognizes the grade listed on the label of your card and in our database.  

All cards previously assigned Gem Mint 9.5 and Pristine 10 will now be Gem Mint 10 if submitted for our ReHolder service. All other cards will retain the previously assigned grades. CSG is offering a discounted ReHolder rate of $5 per card until June 30, 2022. 

Thank you.

So if I don’t reholder my old 9.5 gem, my registry score will be based on the new mint + 9.5 and not the new 10 gem?

If accurate, this means my registry score is being unfairly docked because I didn’t (or don’t want to) pay the reholder fee?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 12:22 PM, Glen Campbell said:

So if I don’t reholder my old 9.5 gem, my registry score will be based on the new mint + 9.5 and not the new 10 gem?

If accurate, this means my registry score is being unfairly docked because I didn’t (or don’t want to) pay the reholder fee?

My guess is that 9.5 Gem Mint and 10 Gem Mint grades will each have the same score within the Registry.  The only difference will probably be that your Registry will show your card as a 9.5 instead of a 10.  Just a guess, though.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

The CSG Registry has updated Gem Mint 9.5 cards to have the same score as Gem Mint 10 cards, consistent with CSG’s recent update to its grading scale. This change is to ensure an equal playing field for all collectors, regardless of whether their cards have been reholdered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 4:12 PM, Maribeth said:

The CSG Registry has updated Gem Mint 9.5 cards to have the same score as Gem Mint 10 cards, consistent with CSG’s recent update to its grading scale. This change is to ensure an equal playing field for all collectors, regardless of whether their cards have been reholdered.

Awesome news!  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 6/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, northkorea said:

Do Pristine 10 and Gem Mint 10 cards have different scores? I noticed you only mentioned the 9.5s.

Hello, 

 As of March 25, 2022, the CSG Pristine 10 grade was replaced by CSG Gem Mint 10 and scores remain the same for both descriptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1