• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Label Reholder Question
2 2

67 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 5:05 PM, jsrva said:

100% doing the same. Auctions for CSG cards have been a disaster on eBay for sellers. Hoping the new standardized 10 Gem Mint grade will help with that.

Using the auction sell method on a brand that has only been around for a year and doesn't have name recognition is a seller problem (especially people who list with .99 starting price) . 

List the card for what it's worth using BIN, and be patient.  Auctions by nature are meant for products that have an initial high demand.  People can't have a demand for things they don't know exist.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, Warner85 said:

Same question here… Admin?

I believe they have the subgrades on file, whether you included them on slab or not.  So if they are 10/10/10/10 on file, it should be re-holdered with a Perfect designation.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, oluckydayo said:

I believe they have the subgrades on file, whether you included them on slab or not.  So if they are 10/10/10/10 on file, it should be re-holdered with a Perfect designation.

Hopefully they will tell us what those were and let us decide whether to reholder. I feel like I might want to keep pristine 10 green over gem mint 10 black.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, Shockmaster said:

I purchased a card from eBay that has the incorrect set listed on the slab. If I send this in to be reholdered, will the new slab be updated with the correct set?

They would have considered this a mechanical error in the first place and would relabel and reslab for you free. With this new label, I'm guessing you'd get new label for free as well.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:10 PM, Blobiej25 said:

Does anyone know for reslab of an OG green GM 9.5 to a GM 10, would we just send in the slabs as is and CSG will crack them and then reslab to the GM 10?

Yes that is what they are saying. For $5 until June.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:51 PM, oluckydayo said:

i would think so, if you do that soon please post, really wanna see a perfect 10 in the new slab!! 

On 3/26/2022 at 12:30 AM, micky 8 said:

i would think so, if you do that soon please post, really wanna see a perfect 10 in the new slab!! 

Is there a picture of the Perfect 10 slab? Is it a different color label?

What qualifies for the "mint plus 9.5" grade on the new grading scale out of the former grading scale? Would these be cards that graded "mint 9" that barely missed being graded a "gem mint 9.5" on the former grading scale, as evidenced by subgrades? EXAMPLE #1:  I have two cards that received "9 mint" with two subgrades of 9, and two subgrades of 9.5. EXAMPLE #2: I have a card that graded a "9 mint" with a subgrade of 8.5, two subgrades of 9.5, and a subgrade of 10. EXAMPLE #3: I have a card that graded "9 mint" with a subgrade of 8.5, a subgrade of 9.5, and two subgrades of 10. I am considering sending these cards in (along with my cards that graded "gem mint 9.5" on the former scale) to see if any of them would receive the new "mint plus 9.5," and any insight ahead of sending them in would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

On 3/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, Daniel Hargreaves said:

What qualifies for the "mint plus 9.5" grade on the new grading scale out of the former grading scale? Would these be cards that graded "mint 9" that barely missed being graded a "gem mint 9.5" on the former grading scale, as evidenced by subgrades? EXAMPLE #1:  I have two cards that received "9 mint" with two subgrades of 9, and two subgrades of 9.5. EXAMPLE #2: I have a card that graded a "9 mint" with a subgrade of 8.5, two subgrades of 9.5, and a subgrade of 10. EXAMPLE #3: I have a card that graded "9 mint" with a subgrade of 8.5, a subgrade of 9.5, and two subgrades of 10. I am considering sending these cards in (along with my cards that graded "gem mint 9.5" on the former scale) to see if any of them would receive the new "mint plus 9.5," and any insight ahead of sending them in would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

the 9.5 mint+ is pretty strict still, if ya think they can bump up .5, if its a high value card maybe crack and pay the 20$ fee instead of the $5 reholder, I would only bother of it were a big card ya'll probably have best luck with example 1, your not gonna get more then a 9 with a sub of 8.5 with the other 2 but who knows could get lucky 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:49 AM, Warner85 said:

Is there a picture of the Perfect 10 slab? Is it a different color label?

i never seen one i dont think itll be a different color it would be cool if it were gold or all black, curious to see what it looks like with the subs tho 

If CSG is relabelling 9.5’s a Gem Mint 10, they are cheapening their product. More than half of the Gem Mi t 9.5’s I’ve seen have 9.5x3 and 9.0x1 subgrades. That is far too different from a 10.0x3 and 9.5x1 subgraded Gem.

They need to clarify this before people are buying up cards they think will relabel to a 10. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:14 AM, CGCRyan said:

@KB!

The card will get a new cert # and will be re-imaged with the new label.

Will the cards be updated in our Registry Profile with the change in grade and photos if there is a reholder or will we have to re-enter everything when the change happens?

On 3/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, oluckydayo said:

Can I get an admin to confirm this? I want to send in a pristine 10 with no subs to see if it crosses. I would rather deal with the reholder fee and reholder TAT if possible, thanks.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, Blobiej25 said:

Does anyone know for reslab of an OG green GM 9.5 to a GM 10, would we just send in the slabs as is and CSG will crack them and then reslab to the GM 10?

Correct -- you do have to sign a waiver saying you acknowledge that the card could be damaged when they crack it. Sucks, but it's the cost of doing business. I've only seen one or two cracking horror stories (when it's done by the grader) in the past year so hopefully no issues for all of us doing reholder on 9.5s.

• Administrator
On 3/27/2022 at 8:44 PM, Shockmaster said:

Will the cards be updated in our Registry Profile with the change in grade and photos if there is a reholder or will we have to re-enter everything when the change happens?

@Shockmaster I will find out for you and post the response here.  Thank you for reaching out to us.