• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New SET and SLOT requests - when will they be added?
3 3

19 posts in this topic

• Administrator

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the CGC Cards Registry! 

Collector requests are keeping us busy and we apologize for the delay. 

We have over 60 NEW SET TYPE requests which take time to research and create.  We are currently working on requests from December 2023. Newly created sets will be listed at the end of the month on the Chat Boards.  Please note not all requests will be approved due to minimum requirements for set creation. 

NEW SLOT requests have a 3-5 day turn-around time except during the temporary freeze before the CGC Cards Registry Awards.

If you have any questions regarding the CGC Cards Registry, you may reach us here on the Chat Boards or at registry@CGCCards.com.

• Administrator

Hello, 

Due to the system upgrade, we are experiencing some issues with newly graded cards.  These cards are in our queue and will be added as soon as possible.  We apologize for the delay in adding those new slots and appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have new slot requests that are weeks out, a new player set request that is nearly 2 months out, and I have several cards (graded 10 even) that are not registering points in the registry sets.  Registry has been one of the wonderful parts about CSG, am hopeful it straightens out- but have postponed my submissions because these technical difficulties.

• Administrator

Hi GB17, 

We apologize for the delay in adding new slot requests.  We currently have one outstanding request for you.  Our programmers are working to resolve the new system update issues as quickly as possible.  We appreciate your patience and hope to have these corrected soon.  

The player set request for Tony Pena has been reviewed and unfortunately, we are unable to create this set at this time, as it does not meet the minimum requirements.  Once more cards are graded, we may reconsider this request.  Many of his cards are eligible in company sets and if you haven't already, you may create those and add his cards.

Have requested  slots in Cameron Johnson and Evan Mobley player sets multiple times- apparently only one request?  These same cards would not add to the registry for about one month following return of my submission.  Not sure what else to do to help the multiple slot request show up? 
Appreciate the direct response on my set request, though not what I wanted to hear.

Hope it all straightens out eventually.  Thanks

• Administrator

Hi GB17, 

All of your Cameron Johnson and Evan Mobley cards have placement in the CSG Registry.  You may use the Autobuild feature to add these cards to their respective sets or you may add them manually from your inventory page by clicking on the yellow plus sign.

• Administrator

Unfortunately, some cards are receiving a zero for a score, our programmers are still working the bugs out from our system update.  We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve update issues. 

The following slot requests still did not go through on my Cameron Johnson player set slot requests: #s 1401000328023 and 1401000328024.  Also, I have a card (#1401000328016), which I requested a slot for on Desmond Bane player registry-- but the card shows on my inventory as "UNKNOWN ITEM" (it will not add to player registry).

Just sharing in hopes to see all this fixed, the registry is a fun way to collect.  Appreciate all your responses to inquiries on this, truly do.

• Administrator

Hi GB17, 

All the cards you mentioned are available or already exists in those player sets.  Please try to clear your cache on your computer.  A description is showing for the Desmond Bane card when I am logged in as you.

• Administrator

Hello GB17,

This is a different certification number than the one you listed above.  Cards listed as Unknown Item in the CSG Registry are one of the bugs our programmers are working to correct.  We apologize for the delay and hope to have this resolved soon, however, we do not have an ETA on when.

Hi Maribeth,

I am a new collector of CGC (CSG) cards. My interest is in graded basketball cards. I have made a few requests in the last few months for sets to be added (via the links from the CSG/now CGC Cards website), but cannot see than ANY of these have been added yet.

Do I need to do anything else, aside from being patient?

Kind regards

Stephen

• Administrator
On 8/7/2023 at 9:39 AM, StephenWA said:

Hi Maribeth,

I am a new collector of CGC (CSG) cards. My interest is in graded basketball cards. I have made a few requests in the last few months for sets to be added (via the links from the CSG/now CGC Cards website), but cannot see than ANY of these have been added yet.

Do I need to do anything else, aside from being patient?

Kind regards

Stephen

Hello, 

I do see several request from you in June.  We are currently working on requests from mid-February and apologize for the delay in adding your requests.  Due to the popularity of the sports card registry, we have had an overwhelming number of requests.  We did, however, create a set another collector had requested that you had also requested; 2018-19 Panini Status basketball .  This set was made available in July.  We appreciate your patience as we work through our backlog.

On 8/7/2023 at 3:00 PM, Maribeth said:

Hello, 

I do see several request from you in June.  We are currently working on requests from mid-February and apologize for the delay in adding your requests.  Due to the popularity of the sports card registry, we have had an overwhelming number of requests.  We did, however, create a set another collector had requested that you had also requested; 2018-19 Panini Status basketball .  This set was made available in July.  We appreciate your patience as we work through our backlog.

Dear Maribeth,

I am following up on my post of August 7th, and your reply of same date (both above). 

I have made many requests for Players to be added to “Rookie Player Sets”, and for new Basketball sets to be created. For example, I asked for Jalen Green, Zion Williamson, Zach Lavine, and Donte DiVincenzo to be added to “Rookie Player Sets” back in June (i.e., six months ago). They have still NOT been added. We have the awards coming up, and I think it is important that Sets are created/updated within a reasonable timeframe. At the start of this thread "5-7 days" is quoted...

With the CGC Comics Registry, amendments are made within a few days; at the most, a week or two.

What should be the expectation for updating the CGC Cards Registry, and – specifically – when will my June requests be executed?

Regards

Stephen

• Administrator
On 12/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, StephenWA said:

Dear Maribeth,

I am following up on my post of August 7th, and your reply of same date (both above). 

I have made many requests for Players to be added to “Rookie Player Sets”, and for new Basketball sets to be created. For example, I asked for Jalen Green, Zion Williamson, Zach Lavine, and Donte DiVincenzo to be added to “Rookie Player Sets” back in June (i.e., six months ago). They have still NOT been added. We have the awards coming up, and I think it is important that Sets are created/updated within a reasonable timeframe. At the start of this thread "5-7 days" is quoted...

With the CGC Comics Registry, amendments are made within a few days; at the most, a week or two.

What should be the expectation for updating the CGC Cards Registry, and – specifically – when will my June requests be executed?

Regards

Stephen

Hi StephenWA, 

Thank you for the follow-up.  We are currently working on requests from the beginning of May. We reviewed the cards your requested for rookie sets and only the Jalen Green and Zach Lavine are rookie cards.  Rookie Cards are the first card in a base set with the RC logo on the card and insert and parallels, regardless of the RC logo, are not eligible for rookie sets.  

2014-15 Panini Hoops was created in November due to another collector's request.

New Slot requests have a 5-7day turn-around not New Set Types as previously noted in the initial post.

We apologize for the delay and will process your requests in the order they were received.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:34 PM, Maribeth said:

New Slot requests have a 5-7day turn-around not New Set Types as previously noted in the initial post.

Hi Maribeth,

I am new to CGC Cards, both as a (mainly basketball) cards collector and as a user of the Registry. I am still trying to understand how things REALLY work around here.

I have two questions:

1. I asked for new slots for two cards - 1401008898049 and 1401011923027 - to be added on December 15, 2023. I have been watching the Registry, and today (8 days later) they have not been added. Am I expecting too much?

2. I own Pristine 10 card 1401004561074. I tried to add it to my Registry, but it would not add AT ALL (because "it has no score"). I asked for a score to be applied to it, but was told that "programers know about this, but there is no timescale to resolve". Please help me to understand why "adding a score to a card" is not a very simple/quick action? Building an airport is a big job, but there is generally a target opening date...

Seasons greetings, and best wishes for 2024.

Regards

Stephen

• Administrator

Hello StephenWA, 

Due to the upcoming CGC Cards Registry Awards, beginning 10 a.m. EST, December 1st, there is a temporary freeze on new slot additions.  We will begin adding slots again in January in the order they were received.  You can find more information about the CGC Cards Registry Awards here.

I was able to add 1401004561074 to your inventory.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.