• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is going to keep subbing with Csg

31 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 3:30 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

So they basically aligned their centering grades with PSA and SGC. Considering how strict they were, that was probably a smart decision. CSG is still very difficult on surface and this doesn't change them being the toughest grader in the industry. 

Based upon the 10s CSG has popped all over social media, I definitely think grading standards have dropped.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:50 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I'm curious how you know those are new vs reholders?

Why would that make a difference? They mad a proactive decision to reclassify Green 9.5 as Black 10.0. In doing so, they are claiming that previous 9.5 are the standard for new 10s. So, whether the cards posted are new submissions or reholders, the poor centering and soft corners on the 10s being posted show that standards have definitely dropped.

All that said, if I really wanted to know if they are new submissions or reholders, I suppose one could validate the population report.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:50 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I'm curious how you know those are new vs reholders?

You could always look at the serial number. My understanding (from what CSG announced) was that cards would keep their serial numbers on reholders.

• Administrator
On 4/25/2022 at 6:09 PM, northkorea said:

You could always look at the serial number. My understanding (from what CSG announced) was that cards would keep their serial numbers on reholders.

That was the original information provided, but ReHolders are being given new cert #s.

Doubt I'll ever be using CSG again. Their claim that all Green Label 9.5 cards will be regraded a 10 with the new black label is false. And they gave the cards new cert numbers, which is asinine. Here is proof: I sent in a Scottie Pippen Flair Showcase 9.5 GEM MINT Green Label to be reholdered. It was returned to be today as a 9.5 MINT+ Black Label. It also had a new cert number. (Why?! To create doubt among outside viewers that maybe it isn't the same card?) I'm legitimately wondering if PSA has an insider working at CSG intentionally sabotaging their decision making. This is a terrible look. Good luck to others sending in their 9.5 Gem Mint Green Labels, just to get sent back a 9.5 Mint+ Black Label. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (0-00-00-00).jpg

On 5/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, Karl_Racki said:

Interesting I am seeing more and more CSG slabs out there. Went to a show a few weeks ago and outside PSA, there were much more CSG slabs for sale then the others. 

That's probably a pure function of cost of grading and speed of getting the cards back in hand. You can grade five cards with CSG for the cost of two at SGC.

Edited by northkorea