• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex delivered my package to the wrong place, and signed for it.

8 posts in this topic

Edit: Someone in my neighborhood ended up dropping it off on my doorstep a few days after I reported it missing.

I was excited to get my return back, I shipped my cards the first day the shop opened. I had submitted 9 cards all with subgrades - nothing too spectacular, old ken Griffey Jrs and some Michael Jordans. To my surprise, a '89 Topps Griffey came back a 9.0 Tiffany to highlight the bunch. 

It gets shipped, and of course it requires a signature. I'm not home three consecutive days (Thu, Fri, Sat), and it sucks because I'm home MOST of the time on telework. Now what? I get conflicting Fedex status updates after that. One says will be delivered Sunday, another says the "LAST" delivery attempt was made (with no follow up directions).

Sunday: estimated to be delivered by the end of the day, but was never out for delivery. Monday (today): Estimated by the end of the day, and hey! It's on the truck out for delivery. I'm waiting for this thing all day and I get a notification on my phone... delivered? It's not on my porch. I immediately hop in the car to rush the my post office to see if they turned it over to them by chance. The postal clerk said sometimes they do, but not today. I walk back outside and coincidentally there is a guy in a fedex shirt driving a Penske truck with packages in the back. I explain what's going on and he's either full of **** doesn't care/remember. I immediately called the Fedex help line and they opened a claim. I looked at the proof of receipt and my signature was a straight line, and my name was spelled wrong

Not sure what happens from here. They said to call in 24 hours for an update on the investigation. Of course of all packages I've ever gotten, the most expensive one gets presumably stolen. Sorry just ranting here, but be aware of your shipping method when you do the order slips. I'd be better off if the signature WASN'T required. I'll take my chances on the porch. I'm doing USPS if there is ever a next round.

Edited by drew.mac

I was under the impression that they no longer are requiring you to physically sign for your packages due to COVID. I think the driver is actually authorized to sing for you. The last time I had a package scanned and lost by the post office, they actually take a picture with their scanner as they are scanning it. Maybe Fedex can do some digging and figure it out. Best of luck and hopefully it gets found.

9 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

I was under the impression that they no longer are requiring you to physically sign for your packages due to COVID. I think the driver is actually authorized to sing for you. The last time I had a package scanned and lost by the post office, they actually take a picture with their scanner as they are scanning it. Maybe Fedex can do some digging and figure it out. Best of luck and hopefully it gets found.

Before Covid this was a problem with Fed Ex.  (At least on Long Island)

They signed for a Superman 3 that I had bought and left it at the wrong address.  They tried to say that I was home and signed for it.  I was at work when it was signed for.   I called Comiclink and I think they joined in and called Fed Ex as well.  I eventually got my package and the Fed Ex driver complained to me that I almost cost him his job.   meh

I think (think) that Bob Storms had a situation where a customer of his had a package signed for by Fed Ex and left on the doorstep.  A porch pirate took the parcel.  That package X-Men 1 in a 1.8 and ASM 1 in a 6.5.  That was a police incident.

Original Post from Bob Storms

But... what was worse?  

When they signed for my dad's medication and left it at the wrong house.  

Fed Ex does this sort of stuff all the time and it has nothing to do with covid. 

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Before Covid this was a problem with Fed Ex.  (At least on Long Island)

They signed for a Superman 3 that I had bought and left it at the wrong address.  They tried to say that I was home and signed for it.  I was at work when it was signed for.   I called Comiclink and I think they joined in and called Fed Ex as well.  I eventually got my package and the Fed Ex driver complained to me that I almost cost him his job.   meh

I think (think) that Bob Storms had a situation where a customer of his had a package signed for by Fed Ex and left on the doorstep.  A porch pirate took the parcel.  That package X-Men 1 in a 1.8 and ASM 1 in a 6.5.  That was a police incident.

Original Post from Bob Storms

But... what was worse?  

When they signed for my dad's medication and left it at the wrong house.  

Fed Ex does this sort of stuff all the time and it has nothing to do with covid. 

I personally like amazon's delivery much better. A photograph of the delivery I think is more effective than a blind signature. I know that anything can happen AFTER the photograph, but at least there is evidence that the package was there at some point. I think it comes down to drivers rushing and not triple checking where they are delivering. It doesn't seem that difficult in my mind, but I don't deliver packages.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:20 PM, drew.mac said:

I was excited to get my return back, I shipped my cards the first day the shop opened. I had submitted 9 cards all with subgrades - nothing too spectacular, old ken Griffey Jrs and some Michael Jordans. To my surprise, a '89 Topps Griffey came back a 9.0 Tiffany to highlight the bunch. 

It gets shipped, and of course it requires a signature. I'm not home three consecutive days (Thu, Fri, Sat), and it sucks because I'm home MOST of the time on telework. Now what? I get conflicting Fedex status updates after that. One says will be delivered Sunday, another says the "LAST" delivery attempt was made (with no follow up directions).

Sunday: estimated to be delivered by the end of the day, but was never out for delivery. Monday (today): Estimated by the end of the day, and hey! It's on the truck out for delivery. I'm waiting for this thing all day and I get a notification on my phone... delivered? It's not on my porch. I immediately hop in the car to rush the my post office to see if they turned it over to them by chance. The postal clerk said sometimes they do, but not today. I walk back outside and coincidentally there is a guy in a fedex shirt driving a Penske truck with packages in the back. I explain what's going on and he's either full of **** doesn't care/remember. I immediately called the Fedex help line and they opened a claim. I looked at the proof of receipt and my signature was a straight line, and my name was spelled wrong

Not sure what happens from here. They said to call in 24 hours for an update on the investigation. Of course of all packages I've ever gotten, the most expensive one gets presumably stolen. Sorry just ranting here, but be aware of your shipping method when you do the order slips. I'd be better off if the signature WASN'T required. I'll take my chances on the porch. I'm doing USPS if there is ever a next round.

Any update on your package? Was it found or still missing?

5 minutes ago, tmoore_25 said:

Any update on your package? Was it found or still missing?

Yeah, someone in the neighborhood dropped it off on my porch a few days ago. I closed the Fedex case, but still a bitter taste for their carelessness.