• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold one of these way too early apparently

5 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 7:38 PM, TheRookieMonster said:

Wow, completely floored by this price. Anyone else have a card you sold too early on? 😩

Share yours below.

YES!! I just sold a fernando tatis jr toppstotal rc for 20$ psa 9 at the time that was the comps this week the same card going for 150-250$ raw 999$ in a psa 9 😂🤦‍♂️

New to CSG; thinking of getting some of my cards graded.  I like SGC but man their prices just jumped.

Sold to early on? 

1)  Raw 2011 Topps Update Trout Diamond Anniversary for $175.  (i did buy the 4x 9.5 BGS version at the same time for $185 but still....)

2)  2011 Finest Orange Refractor PSA 9 Mike Trout.  Not sure how it was a 9 as there was an indent near the bottom right corner that was easily visible.  Sold it for about $300 but wish I had just hung on to it.

That being said, some real finds:  Bought a lot of 2019 Stadium Club Fernando Tatis for $75 that year (2 regular, 1 black, 1 red, 1 chrome and the photo variation).  ;-)  Also I bought a lot of 5 cards for $25 on ebay as well in 2018.  It was soto, devers, acuna, gleyber and someone else.  The real steal was the 2018 Topps Acuna bat down...  Couldn't believe it; it was probably right before they realized it was a SSP.  Bought another one soon thereafter for just a bit more.  Both look like they are in great shape.

Edited by chemmlg

On 2/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, chemmlg said:

New to CSG; thinking of getting some of my cards graded.  I like SGC but man their prices just jumped.

Sold to early on? 

1)  Raw 2011 Topps Update Trout Diamond Anniversary for $175.  (i did buy the 4x 9.5 BGS version at the same time for $185 but still....)

2)  2011 Finest Orange Refractor PSA 9 Mike Trout.  Not sure how it was a 9 as there was an indent near the bottom right corner that was easily visible.  Sold it for about $300 but wish I had just hung on to it.

That being said, some real finds:  Bought a lot of 2019 Stadium Club Fernando Tatis for $75 that year (2 regular, 1 black, 1 red, 1 chrome and the photo variation).  ;-)  Also I bought a lot of 5 cards for $25 on ebay as well in 2018.  It was soto, devers, acuna, gleyber and someone else.  The real steal was the 2018 Topps Acuna bat down...  Couldn't believe it; it was probably right before they realized it was a SSP.  Bought another one soon thereafter for just a bit more.  Both look like they are in great shape.

Ouch!!! super rare trouts!!!