• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever done a 50 card+ submission?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, Karl_Racki said:

I am thinking of doing one, but a few questions.. 1) what is the time table and turn around for 50 cards? 2) When do they take the payment? 

Thanks

Info in this thread: 

I have done two bulk submissions.  The first one I sent in early May 2021, and they didn’t mark it received until 7/14/21, and was shipped on 12/6/22.  The second one, I mailed in mid-October 2021, marked received on 10/26/21, and was marked as shipped yesterday 2/4/22.  Turn around times have improved significantly as they’ve gotten up to speed.  I like their turn around times now, I just hope the new deal with Ebay doesn’t slow things back down.

Payment is made when they move your submission status from received to grading/imaging.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, Jruck1227 said:

I've done 3 50 plus card subs and got 0 tens

Haha. Zero 9.5 zero 10 for the one fifty card bulk order I did as well. Forget doing 3 of them. I learned after the first. I’ll never do a second one. 

Edited by I dont have one

On 3/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, DrPaul47 said:

Welcome to the club!  No such thing as a perfect card The human eye cannot detect the flaw!

Trading cards don’t need to be looked at via an electron microscope. Seems to be the standard being used here. If it’s undetectable to the eye when looked at closely and undetectable under a lighted magnifier it’s not a flaw that matters to a collector. 

Edited by I dont have one

On 4/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, I dont have one said:

Haha. Zero 9.5 zero 10 for the one fifty card bulk order I did as well. Forget doing 3 of them. I learned after the first. I’ll never do a second one. 

Honestly, this surprises me. I never got a 10 under the green scale, but I had about 20% of my submissions come back as 9.5. That was without really scrutinizing the overall order. Of the cards I thought *should* be "PSA 10," I had 15 9.5s, six 9s (three with subs had 9.5/9.5/9/9, so they might 9.5 MINT+ on new scale), and one 7.5 (I think they misgraded the matte finish as loss of gloss on a signature card).

I even got three 9.5s in cards I didn't expect them on (was trying to see if I could guess 8.5), so I felt they maybe were a bit soft on game used cards compared to base style cards.