• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CrossOvers

7 posts in this topic

On the Submissions and Fees page you reference doing CrossOver from other companies, specifically PSA, Beckett, but you don't HGA.  I have a Walter Payton rookie HGA graded I would like to get in a CSG slab.  Will you take it?

I also had a question about the timing of crossovers... I didn't understand from the summary, how long they generally take?

Thank you very much!

Ryan

• Administrator

@CubFan

An HGA encapsulated card will need to be cracked and sent in raw as a regular submission.  Cards in PSA, Beckett* and SGC holders can currently be sent in under our Crossover service. The turnaround time would be determined by the service tier that you select for your submission.

*CSG treats Beckett BCCG encapsulated cards as raw cards. BCCG cards will be removed from their holders and crossed at any grade.

Okay.  Understood.  Just curious as to why that is the case with companies outside of PSA, Beckett or SGC?  For example, the HGA card...is their encapsulation riskier to crack open?

Appreciate all your help.

Ryan

On 1/11/2022 at 10:48 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

Yeah, one of those (HGA) is not like the others (PSA, BGS, SGC, CSG). I get some people think their slabs look cool, but it floors me that people think they're reputable graders.

Literally just watched a YouTube video showing how HGA slabbed and authenticated a Kobe card with a fake auto.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, CubFan said:

Yeah, that's why I would love to get the card graded by CSG.  Anyone have any advice for cracking open a slab without damaging it? lol

should be easy i seen a few guys crack an hga slab with there bare hands but a pair of channel locks or plyers to the flip should do it, I would watch video on cracking bgs slab similiar slabs with hga, good luck!